Wednesday, April 16, 2008

#7 Communication

Classes on email for Teens may be a quite a stretch...but for older patrons it would be a great "thing" to offer!!

Some of these "things" are things I have been exposed to constantly...i.e. instant messaging and text messaging. This is already how I communicate with some of my teens. I think reference would be great this way. Or as reminders for upcomming events.

Webconferenceing...i have attended so many I cannot even count. And I have also done many of the library webinars and webconferences.

Email can drive me crazy. So much junk to fliter through. And sometimes people rely to heavily on it.

My most recent webinar was on Online Homework Help in libraries.

I am a member of some facebook groups (not google...) including "Bully Breeds" which is a group for people with dogs that are breeds originating from bull dogs. My dog is a bull mastiff.

I am also already a member on MEEBO because some of my friends have AOL IM and I refulse to use AOL. You are just asking for viruses with AOL (in my opinion).

Finnally Twitter...I am going to go and sign up right now and check it out yo! Well...no one in my hotmail contacts is on Twitter so i am going to have to invite people. I will have to get back to you about how I like this one. However...if you look at the "everyone" option it is pretty crazy. Some people are talking in all sorts of different languages.

No comments: